Welcome to Grays!
At Grays we have been providing Blackburn with schoolwear for 92 years and pride ourselves on our personal service and quality clothing.
History of Grays
The business was started in 1920 by two brothers George and Will Gray with a canvas stall on Blackburn Market.
Shortly after this they opened their first shop at 67 Penny Street and then with the development of Blackburn town centre the business was moved to the new market house in 1964 with George Gray in charge, selling Menswear, Ladieswear and Schoolwear.
Then with the closure of Johnny Forbes in 1973 Grays took over the premises of 68 Northgate specialising in Schoolwear and Scout and Guide uniforms.
The Business is now run by the three partners - John, Dorothy & Paul Wilding.
Having been in business now for 92 years the core value of "Personal Service for quality clothes" is still held strong.